Art seat decoration
The stools are of a simple wood design and therefore after sanding are easy to decorate. I plan to use the decorated stools as teaching prompts both for me and for the students. I therefore created 18 categories which pertain to the units taught during the year. Works of art from different genres, cultures and patterns informed the content for each stool.
- Select a picture from a teacher preselected folder
- Sand the stool, not forgetting the legs
- Paint a base coat – white acrylic
- Use the projector to project the image onto the stool and trace with a sharpie.
- Select acrylic paint. Use a lollypop stick to take paint out of the tub and use pieces of scrap card as palettes – only paint brushes to wash up!
- Paint the stool
- Leave to dry over night
- Varnish the stool